In case you missed it, #NationalWatermelonDay just happened and we had to celebrate it. If you're looking to take your watermelon game to the next level, this light and refreshing dessert is a must-try. We sprinkled in some added benefits by incorporating SR® Vanilla Collagen Peptides into the frosting. Yep, you read that right. A guilt-free summer dessert, with added benefits? Your excuse to indulge into something sweet AND healthy has arrived.
1 large Seedless Watermelon
2 cups Fruits of your choice, for decorating
For the Frosting:
8 ounces Cream Cheese
2 cups Greek Yogurt
1 scoop SR® Vanilla Collagen Peptides
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
3/4 cup Confectioners Sugar Replacement
For the frosting:
1. Grab a large bowl and add all frosting ingredients
2. Mix together until you reach a smooth, creamy consistency.
For the cake:
1. Slice up the large watermelon and shape into a cylinder shape.
2. With a paper towel or clean cloth, wipe the extra juice off the watermelon
3. Add frosting onto the watermelon
4. Add fruits desired onto the top of the watermelon cake
5. Eat up!
Don't forget to tag @sportsresearch_au in your own recipe creations, DIYs, and home hacks on social!